Trichomoniasis: Causes and Treatment
as if Wasim Kakro
PAtological Hair loss, also known as trichomoniasis, is a widespread and unknown psychological condition. Trichomoniasis is a condition in which people are forced to cut their hair.
Many people with trichomoniasis do not know they have a known mental illness. They think of pulling their hair as a bad habit. Others may suffer from severe physical and mental symptoms associated with it.
In this article we will discuss the symptoms and causes of trichotillomania as well as various treatment options.
What is trichotillomania?
People who suffer from trichotillomania have a strong desire to have their hair cut. Many people sometimes pull out their scalp hair. People with trichomoniasis, on the other hand, may pull hair from other parts of the body, such as beards, eyelashes, or eyebrows.
Some sufferers of trichomoniasis eat hair that has been pulled from different parts of the body. It has the potential to cause serious problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Trichomoniasis occurs in most people during adolescence. Some may struggle with the disease during adulthood or occasionally.
Hair loss combined with depression can damage social and work activities. When you tie a knot in a knot, you may feel powerless. However, it is a problem that can be successfully solved.
What are the symptoms of trichotillomania?
Different symptoms include:
- Repeated hair pulling without realizing it
- Feeling calm after a haircut
- Failure to stop hair pulling despite repeated attempts to stop it
- Anxiety and anxiety associated with hair loss
- More frequent hair-related activities (such as counting or curling hair)
- trichopagia or eating of torn hair
- Skin discomfort or stretch marks on the affected areas
- Clear hair loss or baldness on affected areas.
Trichomoniasis can be associated with a variety of mental health issues.
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
What are the different causes and causes of accidents?
Doctors are not sure what causes trichotillomania to develop.
Some people say that pulling their hair helps relieve boredom or stress, while others pull their hair out to cope with negative emotions.
Some variables increase the risk of developing trichomoniasis. These risk factors include:
Genetic contribution to death A person with a first-degree relative (parent or sibling) is more likely to develop the disease.
Childhood trauma; A person with childhood illness is more prone to trichotillomania. Researchers have looked at the causes of obsessive-compulsive disorder and believe that disruptive, traumatic childhood events or past relationships with parents or carers may be responsible for the onset of the disease.
According to one study, more than two-thirds of those who suffer from trichomoniasis experience at least one traumatic event in their lifetime, and a fifth of them suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This has led to speculation that this may be the case for some individuals.
Changes in neurophysiology or neurochemistry;
Changes in brain function or chemistry that could lead to trichomoniasis are being investigated by researchers. Such changes can affect the ability of the brain to control its pressure, leading to hair loss.
What are the treatments for Trichotillomania?
Most people who suffer from trichomoniasis do not seek treatment. Some people are unaware that they have a known mental health problem and think that pulling hair is a bad habit. Others, for many reasons, hesitate to seek diagnosis or treatment.
Treatment of Trichotillomania depends on the severity of the symptoms. Often a mental health professional will suggest the following.
A variety of medications that may help include:
SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) are a type of anti-anxiety.
Clomipramine, tricyclic antidepressant,
naltrexone, opioid antagonist
Some studies show that Habit Reversal Therapy (HRT) is the best form of behavioral therapy to treat trichomoniasis (HRT). It is divided into five stages.
- Awareness training; The person learns to identify the psychological and environmental factors that can lead to hair loss.
Think about what kind of conditions you want to attract your hair. Is it something you do only when you are depressed? Are you angry? Am I confused? offended? Understanding what you want to attract your hair will help you develop other, more positive coping strategies. Grabbing zipped bags and tucking your hair into bags will help you measure your growth and understand how much hair you are pulling out. Write down every time you pull your hair in two weeks. Keep an eye on what happened before you pulled your hair, and watch your emotions before and after you pull your hair. Note the time of day and activities.
- Competitive response training; The person practices by substituting the alternative behavior in hair pulling. One way to help the victim stop pulling their hair is to “advertise, cut and choose a plan.” This requires acknowledging and acknowledging when they are tempted to pull their hair out and breaking the chain of command and pulling their hair out by listening to pleasant reminders. Then they have the option of doing something else, something relaxing and reassuring.
Once you have the warning signs and triggers, you can list the alternatives that you can perform instead of pulling the hair. Whatever optional feature is chosen, it should be easy to perform and obtain. Here are some suggestions on how to look or get an appointment for tattoos.
Write or draw on paper
Listening to emotional music is a great way to relax.
Calling a friend
Playing computer games
If you unintentionally pull your hair out, they may need a physical reminder to stop. Ankle weights or rubber gloves may be considered a physical barrier to hair growth.
You can use a cold compress or anesthetic hair product as a “competitive response”. There is no immediate cure for trichotillomania, but it does reduce a person’s ability to pull their hair out through training, patience and exercise.
- Motivation and submission; The individual has a HRT. Participates in activities and behaviors that remind you of the importance of maintaining order. Receiving praise from family and friends is one example of the success of any treatment.
- Leisure training; It requires the use of techniques such as meditation and deep breathing to help the person relax. These help to reduce stress and reduce hair loss. Hair loss is often the result of unpleasant feelings or unwillingness to sit and attend. Mindfulness exercises can be used to help victims accept these negative or unpleasant feelings as part of normal life. With these exercises, you can understand that they are not always necessary to avoid. Hair loss is reduced when the urge to get rid of discomfort decreases.
- General training: It involves the application of new skills in a variety of contexts so that the new behavior becomes secondary.
Most mental health professionals agree that HRT should be the first line of treatment for trichotillomania.
If you or your family members, friends, or acquaintances have trichomoniasis, it is important to remember that there is nothing to be ashamed of because you understand all the symptoms, causes and treatments. It is possible to live a happy life, overcome this problem and get the help you need. During treatment, you can learn a lot about yourself and help others by understanding some of the basics of trichomoniasis. Remember that no one can take away your true beauty, which is more than your hair.
- The author is a licensed clinical psychologist. At Kashmir Life Line, a free mental health counseling service is provided. Can be found on the author. [email protected]
Be a part of quality journalism
It takes a lot of time, money and hard work to be a good journalist and we still work despite many challenges. Our reporters and editors are working part-time in Kashmir and beyond to cover their concerns, break big stories and expose life-altering injustices. Today many people are reading the Kashmir Observer more than ever, but advertising revenue is declining rapidly and only a handful are paying.
|Take action now|
Touch for details.